Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 S10 blazer for parts

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by bablazer73, Jan 21, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

My brother inlaw has a 89 S10 blazer 2 dr. The 4.3 is blown, but 700r4 is still in it. It is TBI. gray interior. Power widows/locks, body poor. exterior tire carrier. I don't know If i am gonna get it yet, Just wondering if anybody wanted anything if i did.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

4.3 is blown, as in rod through block or still rebuildable? I'm considering a 4.3 TBI for the Jeep with a 465/241 combo.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I need a guage cluster for my '86 S10 still. Possibly radio and trim piece that goes over the radio as well.

4. bablazer73

I don't know whats up with the 4.3. If i get the truck I'll find out for sure. If it's rebuildable, do you want efi also?? I still have the 87 K5 you wanted tranny from. Do you still need that? I actually still have that running, needed to plow with it 1 more year, But it's done for!! Ain't gonna make another year! Maybe do a deal for all at once.

5. bablazer73

aren't the guage clusters different from early 80's to like 88 up? I know the dash changes and the radio parts don't fit. I need the center radio/ashtray parts for my wifes 91. But there broken anyways. Guy cobbed in some stupid oversized radio. I don't know whats going on with truck yet. I will ck back with you. Can you find out if that cluster will fit??

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The cluster will fit. '86 was the change over year (first year of TBI V6 and newer guage style).

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Deal all at once, that is what I was thinking. I will be needing all the stuff for the TBI. I wanted to drop my 350 TBI in but I think a lighter 4.3 would be a better choise. I'll either run a 241 or a Dana 300 T case. Let me know what's up when you are ready. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bablazer73

Re: 89 S10 blazer for parts, UPDATED

I am getting this truck. So let me know what you need.