Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 soft top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70_K5, Apr 3, 2002.

1. 70_K5

70_K5 Registered Member

my dad has an 89 k-5 and i want to put a soft top on it. does anyone have a co. that u really like? my dad said i can put a soft top on it as long as i don't drill holes in the truck at all (it is a rust free NJ truck with a new paint job). the snaps on the tailgate are not a problem i can work around them. does anyone know of a good co. that makes nice tops without drilling? and if anyone has a top that they might not want anymore i might be interested. thanks everyone

2. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

did you check the product reviews on this site? Did you try searching the forums? I know there has been some threads about this before.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like you want a canback, only four holes drilled and they are on the top of the bed rail, they get covered by the soft top rail and by the hard top rail they are expensive but quality, check the product review link for a review that I did.

4. 70_K5

70_K5 Registered Member

i have checked the product review and i liked the can back but have not had a chance to talk to them yet. if you take the top down on the can back do the support rails stay crossing the top? the only real soft top that i have incountered is one on our wranglers. so u can pull to the side of the road and "fold" it down. i might get away with only the 4 holes in the top of the rails, and does anyone know the prices on them? thanks for the responces