Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 Subs: 33 x 9.5 BFG AT fits in spare well

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by will89, Apr 19, 2003.

1. will89

will89 1/2 ton status

Most of you guys probably already know but someone asked what fits in the spare well a while ago. I was in the same predicament looking for a spare that would at least match my overall diameter (33). It fits pretty well and just touches the tailgate a bit but you don't have to slam it. I think 33 is about as big as you can go though....

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yeah i think your right. I've got a 33 in my spare tire well also and it juuuuuuust fits /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks for the info (that was me that asked the question a while back). How's that 9.5" in width? Could you have gone wider?

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

mine is a 33x10.5 wild country or some crap like that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. will89

will89 1/2 ton status

Wider? There is just a bit of room left. I think Taz says he has a 33 x 10.5 in there. In my spare well I think that would be a bit tight. I supposed you could air down a 10.5 and maybe it would fit in there.

I was happy enough just getting a 33 in there. I didn't want to have to worry about switching the odd sized spare to the front and having to disengage 4wd. As I understand it that is hard on the diff. Im no expert on diffs though.