Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 suburban grill guard

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigreid, Apr 10, 2002.

1. bigreid

bigreid Registered Member

I just bought an 89 1/2 ton suburban and am looking for a good, solid grill guard. I am finding a lot for 92 and up, does anyone know of a quality guard that I can order or have a store order? We have slim pickings in Alaska!
    Thanks
    Adam

2. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Not quite sure what you're looking for.. but this is what I have on my 91...
    http://www.ranchhand.com/
    not sure if they'd still have one around.. but it confirms that ONCE upon a time, something was avail for us!

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

How much did that cost you, if you dont mind?
    Thanks
    Ross

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Look in my profile and look at my homepage. Check out my bumper and tell me if you like it...

5. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

how much? hmm, 2 ways to look at that...
    THe grill guard/bumper was $12K four years ago.. with a free suburban... or that sub was $12K four years ago, and bumper was free!
    It was on it when I bought it... welded on no less..... and it is pretty handy, so I've never thought of taking it off. I've seen them advertised on some Tx web sites (Ranch Hand seems pretty regional to Texas....)... but not locally. Did hear one time they'd talked to a nearby 4x4 shop about carrying them, but they never followed up on it.
    I think new, they're pretty pricey..... No sure if picture show it too well, but that has the receiver up front, tow hooks, hi-lift tabs on the corners, and center section drops down for a shelf (game rack).... Prior owner also said they'd put seats in the 2 vertical supports (has lock-bolts there too) for hunting. (No, I didn't get those seats in the deal..... )
    Maybe it'll give u some ideas on what's out there.... OR.. you could give them a call....