Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8in of lift and front cv joint hanging up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen_md, Nov 13, 2002.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 k5 with 6in of lift and 35's. Stock 10bolts front and back. What i am doing is switching over to dana 60 in the front and 14bff in the back. I am also going to be runing 38's. I don't really want to do a body lift I would like to do suspension. I was told that if i put 8in of lift and "used" my blazer that the front cv joint on the front driveshaft by the trasfer case would bind up. Has anyone had this problem or have any input I would appreciate it. If it helps I have a 700r4 and an np241 transfer case. I also might be switching over to th350 and np205 soon so input on either setup would help thanks.

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

there is a chance that your CV will bind. what you have to do is grid and round off the tabs that hit.

i had to do this with my shaft and to my nephews, and we are both running an 8" lift.

here's some pics to give you an idea of what i'm talking about.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ric

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I was going to respond to this post, but I don't think I'd be able to top that. Great response (process of grinding couldn't get any clearer than that!)

By the way...I love the workbench /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif