Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8in superlift rears trouble

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88k5blazin, Apr 14, 2007.

1. 88k5blazin

88k5blazin 1/2 ton status

it is possible that i either got the wrong bushing or the wrong spring i'm having some trouble cross referencing the # on the spring to the website. but when i put the bushings in they went in unusually easy practically fell in now with everything torqued i can actually push the spring bout eighth inch left and right and with the whole back of truck suspended there is a lot of play in the bushings. any advice as to whether this is normal or something is not fitting right. its on an 88 k5 blazer. also read something about some type of shim kit but i could not get a description of it so not to sure what it is. thanks in advance

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know the bushings for superlift 8" springs are not a standard size. I found this out when I bought greasable bushings from ORD. I had to pay extra to have special ones made.

The ones they sent me fit perfect. what bushings are you trying to use?

3. 88k5blazin

88k5blazin 1/2 ton status

i got the greasable ones from ord i got the part number MO2155 and called them and they said they were the right ones but for somereason something is not matching upd

4. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would take some measurements and call them again. make sure you have every dimensions they could possibly ask for.

5. BlazerBud

BlazerBud 1/2 ton status

Shim it with some washers

6. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

Do you have a pic or diagram that would help me understand how you would shima bushing with a washer when the bushings diameter is smaller that the spring eye's diameter?:doah: