Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8's in the side panels?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by K5Chris, Sep 8, 2004.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

8\'s in the side panels?

i'm picking up 4 - Resonant Engineering RE8 8" subs and a JBL 600.1 mono amp.

i was thinking about putting either 2 subs on each side behind the front seats in the side panels, OR, one sub and one of my 6x9's on each side in the side panels behind the front seats, and the other 2 in the very back side panels.

has anybody put 8's in the side panels? i will be building small boxes for them and incorporating them into the panels of course.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: 8\'s in the side panels?

I have always been told not to have subs facing each other because they will cancel out each other. I have my 6.5" JL speakers in the sidepanels under the ash trays and I think it probably is the best spot to have speakers. With subs I wouldn't put them there, having them side by side will result in the best tone and volume.

3. 1crzy88

1crzy88 1/2 ton status

Re: 8\'s in the side panels?

Your not suppose to "fire them" at each other. But if your good you can build the box so the speakers are at a slight angle and they should be fine… JM .02 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif