Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

9/11 "movie"- NO details for those of you out west !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Mar 10, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

9/11 \"movie\"- NO details for those of you out west !

Just thought I'd comment, now thats its aired/ is on now, and there was a post about it previously -- I would watch it again. I have watched the first 1 1/2 hours uniterupted, but am now watching it while on here.

for those of you out west-- and havent seen it yet, grab your snack and drinks/ smokes FIRST-- the first "commerical" isn't until almost 45 minutes into it- and its not a commercial, you probably wont want to miss any of it.

Brandy

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: 9/11 \"movie\"- NO details for those of you out west !

I watched that whole show tonight. Very sad and eye-opening. Gives you the real perspective from Ground Zero. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I got to catch a few minutes of it on my way to my break at work... Anyone know if they're planning to replay it?

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Anyone else reliveing that horrible day?

Staggering, just - impossible, I still can't believe it.

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

when it shows the guys inspecting the gas leak, and they see film the first plane? well, the brown building the show there (the main one shown) is 60 hudson. I worked in that building for 3 months, and walked from the towers to it.

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'm on the west coast but I watched it on the east coast feed on the satillite...I had to get up every once in a while and get away from it..Man that was moving..Dan

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats why the wife is watching it in the other room and I'm in here, tooooo much man. I seem to get emotional when I feel helpless and can't fight back.../forums/images/icons/mad.gif

8. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

That show was unreal! I can't imagine what it was like being there.

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue>It brought it all back for me ........ exactly where I was and what I was doing.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I was going to watch it, but we didn't get back from my wife's birthday party in time.

So who taped it?

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I watched it... thought it was good... well good as that day could get if you know what I mean here. But anyhow it was done tastefully in the aspect it was now shown for gore factor or to shock anyone simply for a ratings ploy. It was showing all those heroic firefighters and police racing in without one concern for their safety to save strangers... they were doing their job and died while in action. The thing that got to me though was the sounds of the people jumping. They never showed a thing but you could hear in the background those huge crashes. Makes you wonder what you would have done that day? Faced trying to escape and the tower in hopes you'd live, or call it and jump... man, talk about something I pray I will never have to face.... but all in all like I said I am glad I watched it. Allowed me to have a bit of closure on the subject not that I personally think I'll ever be able to forget that day and what happened. Hard to erase from your head those images of the towers being hit by the planes and then them crashing down.....

12. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I watched the second hour, but Nicole went to our room without even giving it a chance. I found it interesting, sad, made me angre, cried a few times. It was edited well in my opinon. I would really like to see the first half that I missed, but I think I need some time.

13. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

I watched it start to finish. I, too, remember exactly where and what I was doing when it happened. As far as the program, I thought it was extremely well done and tasteful, considering what an incredible tragedy it was for NYC and America. I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to have actually been there...unbelievable.

14. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

That was definately an unbelievable documentary. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking of the thousands of families that were at home that day watching on T.V. and simply NOT KNOWING where someone was.

Mike, I recorded it if you want to see it sometime.

15. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I'll get it from you later. Thanks.

16. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

The "not knowing" then and some still "not knowing" now. That's got to take every bit of life, soul and spirit out of those families. I'm close to my family and I don't even want to imagine.../forums/images/icons/frown.gif Unbelievable, indeed.

17. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I missed it. I forgot it was going to be on. However with being so close to Shanksville(where flight 93 hit) all of our local stations have carried live coverage of memorial services and video clips of the actual attacks. It still gives me goose bumps when I think about all that has happened. And just how far our nation has come. They said today that there are still 2380 missing people from the WTC. And that they are still finding body parts through out the debree even as it is taken from the trucks at the dump site. what a thought. My heart still aches for all of those that lost friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc. etc. It's a tradegy that I think none of us will ever forget. Hell my three year old still associates air planes as being the one's that hit the buildings that made the Eagle cry. She doesn't understand now, but I'm sure she will someday. The ironic part of it all for me is...I have a friend that just found out she is pregnant and due Sept. 11. That was weird hereing that from her.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well, we saw parts of it last night, not realizing what it was until I checked the schedule (I thought it was supposed to air tonight, the 6 month anniversary). Had I not turned on the TV and flipped onto what I thought was another Firefighter tribute, I wouldn't have watched it at all. It was a lot milder than everyone was building it up to be. We turned it on I guess 30 minutes in, and flipped around and left the room a lot during it. For all my adamant anti-airing feelings, I'm actually now kinda glad for the parts I saw. We missed a lot of the sound (threw it on mute a lot because my 16 month old was playing on the floor, he didn't need to hear all the swearin), and I only found out some of the stuff that was audible today talking about it with co-workers.

So, I didn't watch the whole thing or probably even a lot of it, but I guess I'm waffling and saying it was good. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting going by the things I'd read and heard.

19. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I had posted before in the Ratch post that I probably wouldn't be able to watch it. I watched it front to back...and was PROUD. Those poor guys tried everything they could to save lives.