Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

9 and 10 year old fellons?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Jan 26, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

2. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

wtf?? :confused: the arrested them? :confused: thats weird

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

**** !

Here's the plan:

"Oh I see you are drawing a picture, what is it?"

"It's me killing my classmate"

"Why?"

"He's a dork"

"You're a dork!"

"Am not!"

"Are too! *boot to the gut*"

"WAHHHH!"

"KILLING HURTS A LOT MORE!!!"

"WAHHHHH!"

" *scruff of the neck walk to the office* "

"SIT THE **** DOWN AND SHUT UP YOU GODDAMN LITTLE PUSSY! YOU WAN'T A GOODAMN KNIFE IN YOUR RIBS!?"

Kids are stupid these days because of bad parents who have too many kids for bad reasons. They need hope. The need intelligence. They need to be led by example.

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Damn Joe,
    You suprised me, words of wisdom I couldnt agree with more.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

R J is pretty smart :waytogo: I always enjoy reading his posts

6. Resurrection_Joe

Thanks

Well....

You can go for status, commonality, and false satisfaction, or you can raise a wonderful child that will better the world and contibute to it.

Kind of a built, not bought concept.

You can thow what works at a kid, what will work, what will do, what will shut it up, whatever is commonly available and acceptable.

Or

You can educate, answer thier questions, consider everything you give to them and tell them why they are given these things. You can give tools, arts, books, knowledge and freedom.

I was a lazy kid, still am fairly lazy, but I was a dreamer, and was never forced out of it. I always had art supplies and books if I wanted them. I had few toys after 10 and then got mostly tools. I knew a good job was more satifying than a quick job.

I bled, I fell, I broke bones, I climbed. I was exposed to guns, violence, animals, life, pain, work, responsibilty, carpentry. I was presented with the world unexplained and allowed to draw my own conclusions.

My parents were generous, tough, reliable, bleeding all the time, riding cows, chasing sheep, kind, respectful, and thoughtful.

Everytime I help someone for free, that's my dad. Everytime I defer and am humble, thats my mom.

Awww I'm getting all sentimental.

Anyway, that's why I think people should have one to three children, raise them right, and don't give them any protection from life. It's a bitch, but dear god is it beatiful.

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Yup I agree with this whole-heartedly:waytogo:

8. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Reminds me of the case in Florida, where the police pepper sprayed that 5 yr old...(was in the principles office, broke a picture frame and threatened to cut himself) ...just another case of excess IMO.

Sorry to highjack, but another thing that baffles me, is charging someone with a hate crime for beating up a homosexual. Its not like you can tell someone is gay by looking at them....I understand they take the circumstances as a whole and get statments on what the beater said while beating...but people say a lot of things when angry-doesn't make it "true" but here it usually does.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hey guys, when you told your old man "thats not fair" what did you get in return? Personally I got a deep voiced "LIFE IS NOT FAIR!" back. Seems more parents answer that statement with "well we are gonna do all we can to make it fair and you just sit right there while the world comes to you" these days. Personally, my kids sure as hell are gonna get "LIFES NOT FAIR". And a couple good spankings wouldn't hurt half the kids even at my age. I was afraid of my old man and you know what, there are things I just did not do BECAUSE I was afraid of him. Now I wouldn't do things like that cause I'm not stupid and I learned they were wrong. Wonder how I learned that?

10. Resurrection_Joe

"why Daddy Rj?"

"life's Not Fair!"

"why Not!"

"shut Up! You Own More Guns Than I Do And You Get A 540 Chevelle Ride To School! Quit Whining About A Fruit Rollup!"

11. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I got the "Life is not fair" line, but it was usually followed my either a backhand, or a belt. Really sent the message home!

I forget who said it, but wasn't there a comedian that said something to the effect of, "My parents beat the crap outta me, and I can't wait to have kids to I can beat the crap outta them!"..... Bill Enval? Hmmm.... But, it's a true statement - I got the crap beat outta me a young man, and although it was a rough upbringing, I came out on top for it.

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I learned to respect my old man through fear. Is it the best way? I really don't know but I know it works. Hell I'm only 19 hes eh I think 42, I'm certain the man could still drop me like a sack of potatos if he wanted. I'm taller than him but hes got a good 40 lbs of muscle on me.

And as far as RJ's comment, my kids will get the same. Shutup kid I drive you to school in your mom's prostreet El Camino.

13. Resurrection_Joe

I think that might be Chris Rock, not sure though

Eddie Griffin - "My momma whipped me out of the penetentiary"

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

sounds like Tshy will be pretty lucky:D

15. Resurrection_Joe

There's a hazy line between fear and respect.

People I respect are the only ones that can hurt me.

If I don't respect you you can call me names all day and try and fight me.

If I respect you and your tone of voive is off, I run away crying.

16. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A friend of mine that trains Labs once told me that you needed to beat thecrap out of retrivers one good time when they were young. Not hurt them bad, just put a little fear in them. His theory is that they won't remember why they are scared, just that they are. He said that it sticks. He has great results. Wonder if this translates to kids?

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my dog listens to me, she is basically untrained. But when she was little if she didn't listen, dad would give her a few smacks upside the head and yell at her. I sound similar to my dad, she listens to me and him. Go figure.

18. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

When I was a kid...............

My Dad was gone most of the time on business, usually for weeks at a time. If I did something bad when he was gone my Mother would talk to him in private when he got back. I'd have to wait downstairs while they determined what punishment was required. The waiting was always the worst part. There were no time outs, no escaping, no talking. If he decided to use the belt that was the end of all conversation. Now he didn't whip me more than 6 times in my youth that I remember and wasn't an abuser. He weighed each incident carefully and did not whip out of frustration. When he did though it was direct and to the point. You were expected to take it, no crying, no whimpering, no whining. Hold your head up, walk in, take your whipping, don't do it again. Oh, and try not to sit down for a few hours.

I tried to hide once behind my Mom but she simply handed me over. They never argued with each other in front of us about punishment. They made sure to present a united front. You could not run to one or the other for a second opinion or a merciful plea.

Every parent has a unique method, all kids are different. I thing the fear of a whipping can be far worse than the actual thing.