Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

9 in crosover

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 85gmcOD, Nov 19, 2006.

1. 85gmcOD

85gmcOD Registered Member

i have a 85 3/4 longbed with 8 inch skyjacker springs and a zero rate moved up an1 1/2.. wondering if the 8 inch kit will clear or what ill have to do to make it work... and i dont want high steer thanks

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You are going to need to call them as anything over 8" needs more attention to detail.
    You probably will need a steering riser block with longer studs as well as the steering arm and bent draglink.
    Andy is in the office today and Stephen might make it back in on Tuesday. If not for sure by Wednesday.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You've probably already called but here it is for reference anyway:
    With the 8" lift on a D44 or 10 bolt, we use a one piece knuckle with the steering arm and block all cast into one piece. It's about the same price as stacking all the parts up but way stronger and you don't have to find a flat top knuckle. From there, it's pretty standard for GM crossover. Use a 2wd GM box and we have the pitman arm and appropriate draglink for it.

4. 85gmcOD

85gmcOD Registered Member

its a gm dana 60... sorry for not aying what i had.. and i did call i think monday or tuesdAY... i just ordered the 8 inch kit and ill see if it hits or not... adn was told all id need is the block and risers to fix it... thanks

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

One thing to watch that's kind of sneaky is a lot of taller springs come with a degree shim to tip the pinion up which takes away castor angle and tips the steering arm down to where it could have more spring interference problems. I'm a big fan of making the castor right to run down the road and doing fancy driveshaft work like offset ujoints to make the driveshaft work.

To measure castor, just put an angle finder on the top of the steering arm. The angle that the front of the arm tips up is your castor angle. The truck does need to be sitting on level ground.

Otherwise it sounds like you're set.