Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

90-92 GMC Fenders Bolt Up to 1987 Jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by prerunnerhaze, Aug 27, 2001.

1. prerunnerhaze

prerunnerhaze Newbie

Has anyone done this swap? Do the Fenders, Inner Wheel wells, grille support, and hood transfer? I have seen it done in fiberglass, how about the OEM sheet metal. Help!

AA Pro

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Are you talking about fenders and stuff from a K5 or a truck. If they are from a K5 then it is a bolt on swap but if it is from a truck I don't think it will work. If you look at the fiberglass conversion pieces for putting an 88 or newer truck nose on a K5 it almost looks like the back half of an up to 87 truck or 91 K5 with the front off of an 88 and newer truck. There was someone on the site selling the fenders and stuff so I am assuming that is what you are talking about.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have never seen OEM, but I did see the one company make a swap in fiberglass like you said. I think it was fabbed so it would work. I dont think the OEM stuff will.

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>