Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

90 Blazer build up thread (sort of)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robert79K5, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

I have decided that my 90 Blazer is going to be my main K5. My 79 had a 6.2 diesel, sm465, NP205 and detroited 60/14 bolt, all of which was swapped in by me, and while it was a beast off road I didnt like its on-road manners at all because of the narrow powerband of the 6.2 and the wide spacing between the gears in the sm465. That and with the low geared axles it was screaming at 50-55 MPH even with 39s. The 90 has functioning heater and AC, along with carpet, doors that actually seal and a nice quiet engine and exhaust.

I decided that Im getting older and I want a nice quiet comfortable Blazer that I can drive down the highway to the office one day and then off road the next.

Thats when I made my decision to swap in my Dana60/14 Bolt and 4" suspension from my 79 into my 90.
    I absolutely love it. the overdrive is great with the low geared axles and the TBI 350 is awsome. Has good torque, a much wider powerband and starts right up on the coldest days.
    I got tired of always working on my junk. Now that I have this Blazer the way it is Im happy, and im going to just enjoy driving it.

Im going to tinker around with it and put a CB, a stereo and some other stuff in it so when I update this "buildup" thread it wont be any exciting mechanical breakthroughs.

Anyway heres some pics.

I think they are pretty self-explanatory.

stock.jpg

FWD.jpg

finito.jpg

me.jpg

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a great plan:bow: u should sell me the diesel blazer ;)
    thanks,
    James

3. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Its fate is yet undetermined. Dad was talking about wanting it to use around on the farm. I still may keep it just to putter around in, but right now the plan is to fix it up a little and sell it.