Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'90 Burb 3/4T Bone stock - Suggestions for the lift?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by cbbr, Oct 11, 2004.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

\'90 Burb 3/4T Bone stock - Suggestions for the lift?

'90 3/4 Burb. Soo to have 35's (they are on the way). I know that I need at least a 4" lift and 6" would be fine with me. Any suggestions so that I don't have to do this twice.

2. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

Re: \'90 Burb 3/4T Bone stock - Suggestions for the lift?

i would say shackle flip the back so you can keep the load ability of the 56" stock rears and run tuff country 4" hd fronts. that will clear the 35's easy. if you don't mind trimming fenders a little you can go bigger tires later. the 4" lift will be easier on pinion angles and such and you might get away with not having to lengthen drivelines with the 4" if you can afford it spend the money now on bilstein monotube shocks, they are the sh#t the 5100 series are nice 5150's are better /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. cbbr

Thanks, that is the direction that I am heading. I am also considering a 2" body lift. Any experiance, good or bad, with that?

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Our "burly 'burb" buildup is another good recipe too. And since I've had this on my desktop all day and this is all I've got so far, I'll leave it at that for now.

5. cbbr

I have been convinced that 4" is the way to go. Can you send me a price on the following: Shackle flip, front h/d springs, steering arm and whatever else I need to make this work (brake lines? bushings? shocks?). Of course, the "whatever else" catagory is the wild card as this is the first lift I have done.

This is for a 1990 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton, 8 lug, 56" rear spring, factory dual front shocks. It will have 35" bfg a/t's. Thanks, CSB

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The parts list on the "burly 'burb" page will be pretty complete for you but at this point, it's time for a phone call, what's your #? You can PM it or call us, our phone is public already.
    The one problem you might run into is getting a little extra lift on the rear with the 56" spring, 2" lift rear springs are kind of hard to find in the 56" length. You may need to run a short block or a zero rate may get it right.

7. cbbr

Placed the order, thanks.