Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

90 K5 Fuel pump ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Jan 13, 2003.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

When I do the lift and axle swap on Donna's 90 K5 I have to drop the tank to do the shackel flip. I figure while it's out I might as well replace the pump. From what I hear a Welbro (sp) is the way to go. Does anybody have a part # and where can I get it? I'm not sure if Napa can get it.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i know summit does, guys over on thirdgen.org buy them all the time, they also recommend AC Delco pumps too

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Never heard of a Welbro, but jobber pumps are junk compared to the genuine AC/Delco stuff. They seem to last the best - about 2-3 times longer in my experience.

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

How many miles are on the truck? The in tank pumps seem pretty good, I always hear of them lasting a long time. Mine lasted 170K and the only reason it went out was because we welded on the frame and forgot to disconnect the battery and fried it.

5. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Those pumps will normally last to 160 to 200 thousand miles. Call your local Autozone. I put one in my 90 GMC /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif and the king of crap parts carried a AC/Delco fuel pump. Same exact one my dealer wanted about 3 times as much for and they might carry one for the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

It has about 120k on it now so I figured with that many miles if I'm dropping the tank I might just as well change it now and hopefully not have to worry about it for a long time.