Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'90 K5 Tub

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blasterD, Apr 20, 2005.

1. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

I have been looking to fix up the body on my 86 K30. I found a great looking blazer tub at the scrap yard today. It is nearly complete. It has the tub, frame, removeable top, complete interior, tailgate, hood, bumpers, glass and radiator support. Actually all it is missing are the doors, front quarters and the drivetrain. I could use the front quarters off my truck because they are strait. All I would really have to find is a good set of doors and swap the drivetrain out of my truck (6.2/465/205/D60/14bff). I could use the axle hangers off the truck to make the rear axle fit. My question is, how much would you pay for the Blazer parts as described above. The guy said I could have the whole thing for $1600.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

you can buy a whole truck for that...

3. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

Yes, I could buy a whole truck for that much but it wouldn't have a clean body like this one. This is almost a complete truck.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Around here its a bit high, but if they're hard to find clean liek you say in your area, then it's not that bad.. As long as your happy with the price, thats all that matters. :)

Sounds like a good find too! But you will need to move the perches on your rear axle.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

That price is probably based on your location and availability.

I paid $400 for a "bare" tub (bought because it was perfectly straight and rust free) from a wrecking yard down here about 5 years ago, but when I finally had it paid off and went to pick it up, it had a LOT of stuff still in it, plus the cutup frame, but included the rear springs, front quad shocks, complete 6.2 dual exhaust system in immaculate shape, guage cluster, interior wiring, carpeting, spare tire mount stuff, t-case shifter, dash pad, and a few other things.

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'm buying a complete tub from an 87 Diesel with AC and an 82 front clip... I'm not going to use the front clip, but it comes with it. No rust, straight lines, and that goofy designer green and silver paint. But it's only $300.00... In Wisconsin, that same tub would sell for $2000.00 because it's rust free... but I'm not reselling, just chopping it. =)