Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

90 Sub barn door mechanism diagram

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Foy, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Foy

Foy Registered Member

Guys-
    My 90 Suburban 1/2 ton 4WD,stock, has broken the "thumb button" latch on the rear barn door. It has broken in the closed position, and the black plastic button itself fell out and is gone.

I don't have a proper manual, and the Chiltons Online doesn't show detail, at least none that I can find.

Does anybody have a schematic on this? I need to know how to get this door open and what parts to look for.

Thanks,

Cooper

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Ok here's the best I could od for a diagram. It's out of the LMC catalog.
    Diagram

As for getting the door open now, if you can get to the door from the inside and pull off the trim over it, there is a small panel with 4 screws holding it on that will give you access to the linkages inside the door. (by #26 in the diagram)

I had to do it once before myself, and it was a pain trying to get all the trim out of the way without breaking anything. But once it's out of the way it's easy to open the door.

If you need a picture let me know I'll take some. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good Luck,
    Mike

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Pull off the interior door trim panels(if equipped)and on the door itself right where the handle is, there is an access panel you can pull off to view the latch and lock mechanism /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Dude thats what I just said!

Are you following me or something!

Dude stop it! Your scaring me! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif