Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

90 suburban trans. problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rustbucket, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Registered Member

I just got a 90 suburban a while back and the thing is really nice. My wife just took it to the store and everything was fine. When she came out there was a small puddle of atf on the ground. Of course this didn't phase her at all and she drove it home. When she parked it in the driveway, it puked out every bit of fluid it had left in it. The first thing I checked was the lines to the cooler and they are all dry. The pan is soaked with atf. It's dark so I really won't be able to get a good look at it till tomorrow. Any of you ever had a similar problem and know what I should look for? It's a 90 model sub with the th700r4 trans in it. On the bright side, my friend has a 91 blazer with the same trans and he wants a 4 speed. I could get a good deal on his if need be. Thanks in advance for any help. Justin

2. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Just a shot in the dark... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds like the filler tube may have came loose or even out of the tranny? A large quantity of fluid egressing like that is indicative of more than just a simple pan leak.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    When she parked it in the driveway, it puked out every bit of fluid it had left in it. The first thing I checked was the lines to the cooler and they are all dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    On the bright side, my friend has a 91 blazer with the same trans and he wants a 4 speed. I could get a good deal on his if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know why he wants the manual tranny. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

First, locate where the leak is coming from. Try and replace the pan gasket, clean both surfaces very well. If its coming from the bellhousing it may be a bad pump seal. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Registered Member