Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

90blzr AWOL?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Does anybody know what happened to 90blzr? We have a deal going on a 74 Blazer I'm supposed to be selling him but I can't get a hold of him. I need to get this thing sold.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'll see if i can get ahold of him tomorrow, he's a good guy, i'm sure something happened to cause this. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

He has been back and forth between Missoirri(I know it's not spelled right /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) and California these past couple of weeks. I got a couple of e-mails from him today so I will let him know to get on here and check things out. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Desert Rat

I appreciate it. I have a 74 Blazer that he dropped me a deposit on but we haven't been able to finalize the transaction and the missus is on my butt to get it gone so I can finish up my 76. Although, with this new law going into effect in 1/05, I think 75's and earlier are going to start drawing a premium price. If we can't close the deal, I may sit on it a bit.....

5. Desert Rat

Update: Found his work e-mail which he asked to give to a few guys in PM. Couldn't find some of the usernames though that he listed. PM me if you are trying to get a hold of him and I will relay a message. His home computer is down and he only gets e-mail at work, but no internet.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

what new law?

7. Desert Rat

From the SEMA website:

"We have just been informed that despite receiving thousands of messages in opposition to the bill, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has just signed A.B. 2683 into law. The new law repeals California’s current rolling emissions-test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older and replaces it with a law requiring the lifetime testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles."

From another car enthusiast website:

"A.B. 2683 is the legislation that would repeal the state's current rolling emissions-test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older. The bill repeals the current pro-hobbyist exemption and replaces it with a law requiring the permanent testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles. Under pressure from the Governor's office, bill sponsors amended the bill "allegedly" to protect the interests of car collectors. The amendments do no such thing and are being opposed by SEMA and the major car clubs and organizations in California."

In summation, if you have a vehicle 1976 or newer, you will have to smog it forever. 1975 and prior will be exempt but no more rolling 30 yr. exemptions. I bought a 76 in anticipation of it being smog exempt next year. Now I am SOL on that account. I'm tempted to keep the 74 and transfer over all the goodies I built up on the 76 to the 74.

8. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    From the SEMA website:

"We have just been informed that despite receiving thousands of messages in opposition to the bill, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has just signed A.B. 2683 into law. The new law repeals California’s current rolling emissions-test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older and replaces it with a law requiring the lifetime testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles."

From another car enthusiast website:

"A.B. 2683 is the legislation that would repeal the state's current rolling emissions-test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older. The bill repeals the current pro-hobbyist exemption and replaces it with a law requiring the permanent testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles. Under pressure from the Governor's office, bill sponsors amended the bill "allegedly" to protect the interests of car collectors. The amendments do no such thing and are being opposed by SEMA and the major car clubs and organizations in California."

In summation, if you have a vehicle 1976 or newer, you will have to smog it forever. 1975 and prior will be exempt but no more rolling 30 yr. exemptions. I bought a 76 in anticipation of it being smog exempt next year. Now I am SOL on that account. I'm tempted to keep the 74 and transfer over all the goodies I built up on the 76 to the 74.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just transfer that silly little silver metal plate on your dash board? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

crappy that sucks stoopid arnold /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

10. Desert Rat

Because I have no interest in having silent farts and being the most popular item on the dance card at the San Quentin Sadie Hawkins Day dance.......... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif