Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

90'S GM TRUCK TOW RIGS

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by 2BLAZERS, Oct 15, 2004.

1. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

90\'S GM TRUCK TOW RIGS

Anyone know what the hauling and tow ratings for the mid to late 90's Chevy trucks was. I have been looking at some Crew-Cab, single rear wheel and dually set-ups. It looks for about $10k I can get a 97 Crew-Cab Dually with a 454. Since this is one fourth the cost of a new truck I would look forward to blowing the engine up to put a 502 big block in it. Just need to know what the capacity of it is (with single rear tires or dually). Interested in a slide-in Camper and towing the atv trailer or the Blazer on a car trailer behind it. Yes, I would love to get a new desiel truck but just don't want to put the much money into a tow rig.

Thanks,

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Re: 90\'S GM TRUCK TOW RIGS

my 96 extended cab dually K3500 with a 454 was 12,500 with 4.56 gears and 10,500 with 4.10 gears. thats with a 5th wheel, gooseneck or weight distribution hitch as per the book. the diesels in that era were 9,500 for the same setup. add 500lbs to the weight if its 2wd.
    Grant