Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 10 bolt to 8 lug........

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boscolingus, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Boscolingus

Boscolingus 1/2 ton status

ok, now - what year truck do I go looking for to go peel out the backing plates, spindles, hup/rotors and the rest?

Got my 91 K5 back after 2 years - and man I need parts - BAD!!!!

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Any year with a 10 bolt. just take everything from the backing plates out. If you end up reusing your same parts then you will have some spare's for your gear box.

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

3. Boscolingus

ok - I understand that. Now, is there a significant way to tell the D44 from the 10bolt, or is it really going to matter in my situation as the parts are the same ( from my understanding )

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

You are correct about the parts being the same. D44's and 10bolt's are interchangeable from the knuckles out. Just make sure you get it all if you can like I mentioned before.

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Don't get the parts off an external hub D44, make sure it is internal like the hubs you have now and you will be okay.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

6. Boscolingus

damn you guys are awesome - going to wrecking yards on Sunday, I'll let you guys know what luck I have