Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 2.5+trans in a 96 S10 blazer possible?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Gooseo, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gooseo

Gooseo Registered Member

Forget the last thread by me. I went to junkyard and they said the Tech 4 2.5 will not bolt up to a trans designed for the V6 4.3. (different trannies)

Question: Will my trusty tech 4 and manual trans slide and bolt ok into the mounts in a 1996 S10 Blazer????????????? I have the chance right now to get one super cheap with a blown motor!! I already have the tech 4 and trans I got for free.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Try the 93-older 2.5L mounts? I'm sure there's enough room to acomodate it. Might be little gutless, but 5-speed should make it somewhat forgiving.

I forsee some frustration getting the TBI 4-banger running in an S-blazer that was etup for Vortec/SFI. :crazy: I suspect you'll need to retrofit.... then you lose OBDII. Emission testing might be a problem. :thinking:

3. Gooseo

Gooseo Registered Member

I would use the ECM that goes to the 2.5, the one for the 4.3 wouldnt work. Theres no emission testing in michigan.

So are you saying I would have to weld in the mounts from my 2.5? That the 96 S10 blazer and the 91-93 S10's dont have the same motor mounts?

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking the 2.5Ls mount are a bolt-in, or if not, then drill some holes and bolt-in ;)

The 4.3L mounts did change... but not until '96. IIRC it was revised for better vibration control, not fitment. The 93-older and 94+ frames are actually quite similar even though the sheetmetal changed considerably.

5. Gooseo

Gooseo Registered Member

So the 95 had the same motor mounts eh? hmmmmm