Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 2500 Suburban lift ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKSRULE, Jan 1, 2003.

1. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

I am looking to put 35 X 13.50 Baja Claws on my suburban. How much lift will I need? 6"? What is a good lift? This is going to be mostly a truck to pull my boat with and hall the friends and dogs to the Ski lodge so I would like it to ride smooth.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 4 or 6 inch wil do it, with a soft lift you'll probably have to trim the edges of the fenders in the front either way. Not much, basically just knock the corners off on the bottom where the fender rolls under. For a soft comfy ride I'd recommend a 4" Tuff Country EZ ride in the front and a 4" shackle flip in the rear. </font color>

3. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

IMO, 6" suspension, minimum. My tires have tagged the bottom of the fenders and it's mainly a road truck. The stock motor will be under powered, even with 4.56s I could use more. I pull a 24' pontoon(3,000#s?) and it really feels it on small hills.

4. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

Dan, I know what you mean. Mine is the same setup as yours with the 350/4L80 and it is pretty much a dog in stock form. I am thinking about trying to put a big block in it. I just have to figure out if everything will pretty much bolt up because I want to keep the TBI. I am thinking as long as I use a 454 TBI that all of my factory stuff will work. If I don't go that road I am going to pull the 383 out of my jeep and put that in there.

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I was bidding on a '91 2wd 3/4 ton suburan on ebay once. It had the 454/4L80E in it. I was going to use it as a donor for a correct engine swap and have about as close a 454 4x4 as you could get, but didn't get it. Now I plan on installing a '93 cummins into the truck along with some 1 ton axles.