Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 3/4 ton suburban transmission question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Feb 24, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Did all 91 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburbans come with the 4L80E transmission or was it an option? Did they also come with the TH700R4 too or no? Thx

2. Living Large

Living Large Registered Member

All 3/4 ton suburbans with the 8600 GVW option came with the 4l80E tranny, as well as the big brakes and multiple fluid coolers. The others came with the 700R. I looked long and hard for just the right one with the right options. Mine is a 91 3/4 ton 8600 GVW fully loaded with 62,000 miles.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thx for the info. Thats a helluva a find there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Mine came out of CA as well. Has about 98K on it with a conversion package, leather buckets, TV etc. Weld rims are dated late '90 so the truck was lifted new or shortly after. Previous owner bought it with 25K on it and already lifted. When spring comes I'll pull it out of storage, clean it up and take a good picture now that I have a digital camera.