Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 A/C problem?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, Jul 19, 2002.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

When I turn on the a/c, the fuse pops. I can turn on the fan on high on vent, but if the a/c pump runs, it pops the fuse. I tried it today with the fan on medium and the same thing happened. Any ideas??

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Ohm.the clutch coil....3.5 ohms is spec...

Azblazer

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

unplug the connector at the compressor for the clutch coil, turn on the A/C compressor, if it still pops the fuse there is a short in the wire out to the clutch, if it doesn't the clutch coil is shorted out.

4. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I umplugged the pump and ran the air without the pump for about 30 minutes and the fuse didn't pop. It only pops when I am driving with the ac on. I will check the ohms later on today. Thanks for your help!

5. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

OK!! The story gets better! I test the ohms and they where close to 3.5. I turned on the air in the drive way, and smoke and that great smell of burning electrical came from the control panel. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif So this weekend I will be tearing the dash apart. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I am guessing that was my problem from the start. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif We'll see this weekend!!