Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 Blazer- 350 to 454 and 465/241 to 400/205 help!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MR4WD, Aug 31, 2004.

1. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

Jul 28, 2002
    So, I blew the stock TBI motor in my blazer finally. I have multiple options for replacement, but the one I'm considering the most is dropping in a near stock 454.

I have a decent running carbed 454 in the back of the garage right now, but what would I need to make it work?

I'd more than likely bolt on a set of headers, and swap out the cam and intake for something more TBI friendly (edelbrock) but what else do I need to make it work?

Basicly, would it be as simple as swapping all of the sensors onto this new motor along with a 454 throttle body? Or would I have to round up a new computer and other related stuff as well?

I'll also be ditching the 465/241 with SYE in favour of my 400/205, so would the conversion to electronic speedo be as simple as rounding up a toner ring for the 205??

Thanks for all your help,
  2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Apr 10, 2002
    Sorry I can't help you with the sensors because I run my 454 with a carb but I can honestly say that the 454 is one of the best mods I have done. Mine is stock exept for the headers, it has been very reliable and it runs very strong. I don't think you will regret doing the swap. Just remember that you can't use the flywheel from the old engine, I think the 454 is externally balanced and will need a different flywheel. I am sure one the motor gurus can give you more info.
    Big blocks rock /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif