Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 blazer starting ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DMK, Apr 4, 2001.

1. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Question on a 90 I looked at today. It is a 350tbi 700r4 all stock 90,000 miles. Truck will only start if you push on gas pedal, only have to push about a 1/4 of the way down. When truck is driven around It will start right up on first turn of the key. I know that tbi trucks should start without touching pedal. Other than that truck runs great, and price is right. The check engine light is not on and checked for codes and it showed none. TIA Doug.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My understanding on tbi is that the gas goes back in the tank. That's wy it will start when warm are right after it was shut off. Try starting it with out pumping it but try it twice. A lot of the guys say it always starts on the second try..

Become one with nature..........Then marinate it

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Sometimes when my gets really cold, it takes a second shot at starting. Check the throttle body for goop too. Or possibly a vacuum leak at the TBI??

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!!