Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'91 Chevy K5 Leaking Water On Floor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2BLAZERS, Feb 9, 2005.

1. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Okay, when I run the defroster or a.c. I end up with some water dripping onto the passenger front floor, right under the dash. Is there anything I should try before tearing the dash apart this weekend. Where are all the drains for the heated/a.c. system and front windshield drains? Can I try to blow compressed air to see if anythings plugged up? What all should I be testing? Anyone have this before and have some suggestions?

This is not a coolant leak on the floor, which would be the heat exchanger, I fixed this a year and half ago. It is just waterdripping only with the defroster or a.c.

Thanks in advance, just trying to save myself some time if possible.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its condensation , from the evaporator , might not have anywhere else to go . I would make sure to clean the entire area and reseal :k5: :k5:

3. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So what is the easiest way to get to it. Is it under the dash or through the firewall?

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I split my firewall halves enough to brush spray , but haven't dug in that far . A good number of people have removed thier a/c and could give you detailed answers . I know a couple who may see this and say something . But I assume there is a drain under it and its filled with dirt , the same drain that lets water drip when you park after running a/c :k5: :k5:

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had the same thing happen in a car. There is a drain tube that allows the water to drain out under the truck. It is where you see the water draining when the vehicle is parked.Get under it, find the hose. Blow it out with your compressor. Fixed my car.