Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 dakota

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by k5ntexas, Feb 2, 2003.

1. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i'm gonna be gettin a 91 v6 dakota with a 5 speed i believe. its 4 wheel drive and my question is what tranny does it come with? is there an easy way to do a v8 swap?

jacob

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

id like to know about that to..my friend has an 86 that is lowerd and everything just crying for a v8...

3. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

it has an NV3500

my other truck is a '95 Dak with V8 and 5-speed...I'm sure you'll have some good luck with it.

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

thanx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i'm sure i'll like it. i wanna do a lil lift and some 33's. that prolly all i'll stay at though.

jacob

5. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

good luck parting with the cash...

only one company (Trailmaster) makes a kit for them. It's only 4" and starts around $1275.00 at the cheaper suppliers. I'm going to put 31's on mine and be done. The V8 in mine keeps me happy enough. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i might just might do a 318 swap or 360 swap. i'll look more into though. damn expensive for a lift. hmmm wonder how hard a sas is? lol. alot of ideas and no vehicle yet. haha too funny.

jacob

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Go for the Magnum 360 swap, don't waste time with a 318, friend of mine had a 92 with a 318, 5 speed, and a lot of speed parts: headers, flowmasters, cam, roller rockers, port-n-polish, K&N filter, poly bushings, drag radials and bunch of other stuff. It would run a 14.10 in the 1/4, 2WD of course. He sold right after puttin' the squeeze on it, which brought it down into the 12s... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif