Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 front end clip?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, Mar 18, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Does anyone know where I can find a 1991 front end clip. Also will it fit on all prevoius blazers or just back to 1981 or what?

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Try junkyards. You can put the whole clip on any K5 back to 73. Also you can buy the parts new.

3. Glock Girl

Glock Girl Registered Member

You can just swap grills on the 81-91's the hood and fenders are the same. I believe there is/was a writeup of this in the tech section. On the pre 81 swap there is a differance with the cowl,wipers, and all the tin. The available years for the swap are 89-91

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The '89-'91 trucks have a different radiator/core support for the different style headlights. If you get a complete '91 clip it will work on anything back to '73. The '73-'80's require cutting the firewall for the hood hinges. Refer to the article for all the scoop- http://coloradok5.com/grilleswap.shtml

Check salvage yards for complete used clips.

5. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

i put a 1990 suburban front clip on my 86 blazer after my wreck. I called all over the place i must have called over 40 junk yards in houston TX where i live. There are alot of suburbans out there but they are pretty expensive i paid $700 for mine that is pretty cheap compared to what some people want some wanted up to $2000 no joke i just laughed and said good-bye. The average price was around $1000. I liked buying the whole front clip because it went on in one whole piece and all i had to do was a little wiring for the headlights and i was done. Just thought i would share my experience with you.