Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 GMC Suburban Parting out.

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by offroadnut, Jun 4, 2005.

1. offroadnut

offroadnut 1/2 ton status

I am taking orders for parts. I am picking up a 1991 GMC Suburban to part out. here are the specs.

1991 3/4 Ton GMC Suburban Red with Red interior
    8 cylinder Diesel with 4 speed auto with OD
    2 wheel drive with 8 LUG 14 Bolt Rear end (will check ratio)
    Full Red interior (I believe it is decent shape.)

I am removing the following parts for my truck:
    Bumbers, hood, doors, fenders, grill, and windsheild,

already sold:
    Dash, and maybe the front seats...

i will have the doors off my truck for sale they are in good condition I am replacing them so I can have the powered mirrors. will also have a good passanger fender with no rust, and a solid drivers fender that has minor surface rust.

So start sending me requests with offers on price, the entire truck will be parted out down to the frame if someone wants it. my Zipcode is 46038 so figure shipping from there. it will be next saturday when I get the truck and it will be 1 to 2 weeks for the parts to ship. will take paypal or money order.
    whatever I don't have requests for by June 25th will go on ebay or to the junk yard.

I will be happy to provide pictures of anything someone requests before selling it. I can have pictures by June 13th of any requested parts.

Thanks.

2. GaBnn3

GaBnn3 Registered Member

I'm interested in the quarters, including the rear outer wheelhouse panels, if they're not too rusted.

3. offroadnut

I am not sure exactly what your asking for but if you give me a better descripition I will send you pictures with a honest assesment of the condition. it will be monday before I can send the pics.

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

i'm needing a drivers side mirror....? you keeping these on the doors or would that be avail? shipping would be to 54666 (western wis) & wouldn't need any zoom-zoom shipping! :)

just remembered, i could use a radiator bottle too, if it's any good?

5. offroadnut

I am using the 91 powered mirrors but I will have my older mirrors for sale but they are both Passanger mirrors. I will check on the radiator resevoir.

6. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

actually, the mirror head is ok (isn't that the only part different from left/right? It's the chrome cover for the mount that's lost it's ears and rattles like a mutha what i slide on the 'extended' mirrors when towing.
    I wonder if that cover is the same for each side?

7. GaBnn3

GaBnn3 Registered Member

Thanks for answering. I'm in need of the splash panels that go around the rear wheels. Mine are completely rusted out, allowing spray from the spinning wheels to go up between the quarter panels and inner be walls. If you look at them you will notice a seam along the middle, where the inner wheelhouse panel (the hump you can sit on while in the bed) meets the outer panel. The outer panel extends out to the wheel opening in the quarter. I managed to find new inner panels. I need the outer ones. I'm not sure if these are part of the quarters or inner bed wall. Whatever, they would have to be cut out. I could have a body man make some, but I'm not rich and enjoy doing my own work, if I can. These outer wheelhouse panels have extentions on both the front and rear to give splash protection all around the wheel. Can you help?

8. offroadnut

I understand what you need now... I will have to look at them to tell you if they are in good shape. I will let you know on Monday. thanks for the better describition.

9. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

how much for the front clip? actually i just want grill, lights,bezels, and rad. support. Everything needed to convert from 88 to 91.

10. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Does this truck have Hydroboost brakes? Being a Diesel it should. How much for the Hydroboost unit and hoses shipped to 30004?

11. offroadnut

The front clip is being pulled for my truck. sorry. I might have a radiator support I don't know yet. but the rest will definitely be used.

12. offroadnut

the mirrors are identical as far as I know except one is turned around and different glass is in it. I can send you pics of both mirrors off my truck first of next week.

13. offroadnut

I already have one person interested in the hydroboost brakes if they don't buy I will let you know.

14. offroadnut

Big Parts...

Ok the truck is here and I am disassembling it.

would anyone be interested in any of the following:

a complete 6.2 Desiel with a bad head gasket.

a floor or roof off a sub that is in decent shape. roof has no rust and back floor looks solid. will sell body full (no drivers fender, or hood, damaged drivers door and one back door)

a frame for a 2WD sub with front supension.

a 14b 8 lug rear end in good working condition will check gear ratio.