Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 heater hose assembly replacement part

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Alex, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Alex

Alex Registered Member

I need to replace the heater hose assembly for my 91. It is the one with the pipe and pressed fitting coming from the intake to the heater. The dealer wants $60. Has anyone found a cheaper one or did you just cut the pipe by the fitting and replaced it with a standard 5/8 hose? I am unable to locate one at my local part stores. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Mr. Jimmy

Mr. Jimmy Registered Member

Take the fitting that screws in ti the intake to a parts store and match the size and threads up with the older style chev.barbed intake fitting and be done with it, these pot metal fittings are known to leak, you may have to use an ease out to get this thing out of the intake.

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Is it the one in the back on the passengerside that's metal partly then turns to rubber? If so I just cut the sleeve that held the rubber to the metal and then put a normal hose and clamp on there.

4. Alex

Alex Registered Member

James, that's the one. Is it working out fine for you? Any leaks? Also does the 5/8 inch hose fit OK on both the pipe and heater nipple side? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

No problems so far. On the size i'm not sure if it's 5/8 since one of the hoses is smaller /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif but it is the same size on both ends. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif