Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 Jimmy Seat issue

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RJB44, Jan 13, 2007.

1. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

My 91 GMC Jimmy has a problem with the driver's seat. It appears the ratchet that adjusts the back part is shot. The seats tilts forwad when you adjust the side handle, but no ratchet and it dosn't lock in place where you want it. Right know its about an inch or so back more then I want it. I had back surgery a year ago and my older Blazer's seat adjusted perfectly. Not so lucky with this recently aquired GMC. The seat is in excellent conditon, just the back adjusting part. Is there a way to fix this without having to replace the seat? Even if there is a work around that will allow me to position the seat back up maybe one inch?

Thanks

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You could always buy a new/used adjuster for it.

I have some used ones sitting in the garage. When i checked them last they worked perfectly.

3. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

see if you can pop the cover off and make sure some loose pocket change didn't find a new home in there.