Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91jimmyguy, Apr 3, 2006.

1. 91jimmyguy

91jimmyguy Registered Member

well i have a problem, my distributor turned, i retimed it, but now the fuel pump wont engage, what do i do?

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Is it getting power?
    Could be a bad ground....pretty common.

3. 91jimmyguy

no power, the truck has power and spark, when i put gas down the throttle body it will start, but still no power to the fuel pump, does it have a fuse or anything? it all worked fine until the distributor turned. i already replaced the relay.

4. 93h22cvc

93h22cvc Registered Member

i am pretty sure it is the fuse labeled ecm.

5. 79Jimmy

79Jimmy 1/2 ton status

What do you mean by "the fuel pump wont engage" The distributer "engages" the oil pump which can be turned with a long slotted screwdriver through the distributor hole. It can be a pain to get to line up correctly as you stab the distributor in. Last time I checked the fuel pump for a '91 was in the fuel tank and is electric.:o Check your fuses if your not getting gas and/or check for +12V and the ground at the tank going to the pump.

James

6. 91jimmyguy

ok, well they are good, my dad did say something about the ground on the fuel pump, but it just doesn't make any sense why that would be broken, there are also some other wires in my fuse box that got moved around and there is supposed to be some sort of safety on the distrubutor, but i don't know. do i have to do anything special when i re-time it like take any wires loose or anything? what did you need again?

7. 91jimmyguy

well the fuel pump has no power to it all of a sudden, before the distributor was moved the fuel pump worked, weird stuff.