Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 K5 Body on 73 Frame?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jun 29, 2000.

I attended a GSA sale last week and purchased a 91 K5 that was wrecked and then stripped (no engine, trans, etc). The frame is bent in the front and in the mid section from the collision but the tub from the doors on back has a few minor dents but is rust free and has two rust free usable doors. I have several older frames (pre 77) that are in very good condition. Has anyone sucessfully mounted a 77-91 body on a pre 77 frame? I realize there would be some fabrication for the middle body mount and that it might require a 2" to 3" body lift to clear the rear passenger floor. Has anyone done this before and is it worth the effort?? Thanks.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I dont know about this one, I am in the process of mounting an 87' tub on a 80' frame, and that is giving me some problems. The front and rear of the frames arent the same so I had to modify them to accept the 87' bumpers and the trans crossmember had to be relocated.. I havent even set the body on the frame to find out what else is differant.. I am scared too..

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. Jamie

Jamie Registered Member

I put an 86 tub on a 79 frame and It bolted right up you shouldn't have had any problems. I have and 86 frame with 39,000 miles on It looks almost like new. I had a friend put a 84 tub on a 77 frame he used some pretty long spacers and bolts.