Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 S 10 Vortech V6 problems...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

realizing this is borderline wrong place to post this, I do it anyway because I;m a horrible monster....

at anyrate the scenario:
    my fathers S10 blazer is approximately 275,000 miles old (probably more... it had no odometer cable setup for about 2 years when my sister owned it) and the manifold on it rotted out. so, like any good son, I recomended he put an Edelbrock performer intake on it which compared to the stock manifold price from a dealer was a screaming deal... so, we get the manifold from one of the local hi-po shops, bring it home, and my father proceeds to tear the engine appart to put this thing on. so, we get it on, relocate all the parts needing relocation, because of the manifolds differences from stock, and now we have 2 issues with it...

1 it might be leaking water everywhere... hard to say, since we forgot to tighten down a heater hose, and had it blow off durring the first test run.

2. it has a 700 R4 which now shifts completely wrong.... I figgure the TV cable needs some adjustments, and the haynes manual suggestion seems to have not worked right ( depress adjuster tab, slide tube back, open throttle all the way, tv will adjust properly) it now will not shift until almost 30 MPH. how do you go about adjusting your TV cables, for those who have them?

any help would be much appreciated ASAP, since the longer the S10 is out of commission, the longer my dad has to risk letting my bratty sister drive his Luxurious Chrystler LHS... (I would rant about the lack of my ever driving any of thier vehicles as a kid, but thats a differnet topic)

thankyou in advance,

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check out www.s10-4x4.com, if you can stand to wait for it to download. The webmaster went nuts with hi-res .jpg files that take forever to download.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Thankyou, I'll look at those when I get home.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>