Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 S10 Clutch..Need help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kavmcv, Apr 12, 2007.

1. kavmcv

kavmcv Newbie

I have a 91 Chevy S10 4 cylinder. My clutch felt great and shifted fine until a week ago. The clutch has no pressure now. With the engine off, it will go into each gear but not when running. The resevoir on the firewall was empty so I filled it with DOT 3 but I still have no clutch.
    Where do I go from here?:bow:

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Bleed the clutch.... but since you lost all your fluid, you have a leak you need to address too.

3. kavmcv

kavmcv Newbie

Does the clutch only consist of the resevoir and the other piece on the firewall that the clutch rod goes in to or is there more? This truck sat for 3 years so I'm not sure there is a leak but I looked and see no evidence of fluid leaking between these 2 parts.

4. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

It has the resevoir, which feeds the clutch master, then it goes to the line that goes down to the slave cylinder, which is where you bleed it, just like brakes.

5. kavmcv

kavmcv Newbie

Bled it..Still nothing

We bled it and got good pressure but it still will not go into gears. No leaks visable and transmission shifts great when engine not running. Could this be a problem with the pressure plate?