Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 Scottsdale Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Grizzly, Jun 30, 2000.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly Newbie

Hi, I was Seeing if you guys thought this is a good deal. It's a 91 Blazer. It has no air conditioning or power anything. The paint is faded. The body is solid starting to rust under doors and on the tailgate. It was used ass a security vehicle at a Mall. It has rebuilt engine, transmission, transfer case, and rear end 40,000 miles ago. They said they would sell it to me for 2500. Do you think it's a good deal or not? thanks with your help.

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

sounds good to me that would be great to build a hardcore offroad rig with. With no air and on power anything there is less to go worng. what does it have in it 305, 350, or a 6.2

[​IMG]Go prepared

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

$2500, sounds like a good deal to me. See if you could bring it down to $2200 though, I always bargain. Anyways, as soon as you do get it though, take care of that rust problem right away while its just starting. B/c if you don't, then it will spread like cancer.
    Boss

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Newbie

Well it has a 350 in it. The rust isn't really bad it just is starting and surface. If I get it I plan on getting it fixed and repainting it. My friends dad is a Body repair man so I can get a good deal. Also He started out having at 3500 then he said 3000 and no less and now he is at 2500 so I may try to get him down a bit more.

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Get it...sounds good.

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

6. hpfire7227

hpfire7227 Registered Member

Man, I wish I could drive a K5 as my work truck. I'm a mall security guard and we have to drive a beat to hell 98 F*%D Ranger. The thing has 37,000 miles on it and it's had three brake jobs, a tranny rebuild, three sets of Firestone tires,a U-Joint here and there, transfer case work, the hubs blew out last fall, it was backed into a dumpster,driven into a wall, rolled (that's right, rolled in a mall parking lot), slid and driven purposely into curbs, which blew tires and cracked TWO aluminum rims. Not to mention spit on, bled on, and floored everywhere it's been driven. Generally beaten to a pulp. Just to let you know how mall security vehicles are driven my friend. But don't be scared, a K5 would stand up to the abuse whereas a Ranger crumbles to itty bitty bits.I know I would jump right on that deal.Just hope they didn't drive it like we drive ours. Good luck.

10 BOLTS O' FUN

7. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

uh...thats what all fo*ds do! [​IMG] maybe they will let you drive it to work.

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>