Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

91 Suburban CD player options

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DUKSRULE, Jan 1, 2003.

1. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

First is the factory radio a DIN 1.5 or 2? I know it is bigger than the one in my 86 pickup. I was thinking of maybe an indash CD changer or CD tape combo. Anyone have any recommendations?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really like JVC and Clarion. If you want to get real fancy, there is always Eclipes and Alpine.

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Its a DIN and a half. Why don't you just get a dash kit and a regular DIN unit. Most of the combo units are double DIN anyway.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've got an Alpine unit that I'm going to put into my '90 Suburban. It's AM/FM/Casette in the dash and also has a remote 6-CD Changer that's controlled by the head unit. I figured that with this I can still play all of my old tapes, plus my CD's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

dash kit is the best way, after that using your reg den radio, tape is good, lots of changers out there, depends on what you want to do, like me i jam while i play so i actually have a tape deck in mine, have access to anyting i want, but the tape will jam if im jammed up ya know