Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

92-99 Full size blazer/tahoe interior

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 75K5, Dec 5, 2001.

1. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone put the newer 92-99 Full size Blazer dash/interior in the earlier 73-91 Blazers? I know it wouldn't be a bolt in job, but cool nevertheless!

Brian

2. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I have blue cloth seats out of a 94 suburban in my '85. Work really well.

Ben
    85 K5 (me)
    91 Sub (Dad)
    90 K5 (Me & Dad)
    95 Sub (Mom)
    96 Tahoe (girlfriend)

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Bone85K5 on 12/05/01 09:08 PM.</FONT></P>

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    92-99. Wow! covering three different dashes all in one truck.[​IMG] Seriously, i dont know about the dash and all that stuff, but I know alot of people have done the seats and center console.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

the newer truck bodies are not as wide as the old. the dash is something like 4 inches too short. It has been done but a spacer had to be added on the sides to get it to work.Ther were some pictures in a Mag a couple years back.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

5. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

how do the seats from 95-01's fit. ive been looking locally for some seats. does it take alot of modificattion to fit the newer seats. also what about the passenger side to flip forward to access the rear. what track do you use under that one.
    i would really like to have a set of the newer power seats covered in leather in my blazer.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

6. schwinnd

schwinnd 1/2 ton status

I talked to a guy a couple of weeks ago that put 2000 silverado pickup seats in his '77 k5. He had to modify one of the frame rails and it bolted to the stock location on the other side. He was really excited about trying them out and when he sat in the drivers seat, it sat about 2 - 2 1/2" higher than the stock buckets so his head was almost touching the roof, and the steering wheel was only about an inch above his legs.[​IMG] My local junkyard had ten sets of them and I was going to get them until I spoke with him. If you are willing to build your own seat frames it would work really well. Sorry for the book.

Just collecting rusty mid-70's chevy's
    1976 Blazer, 1975 Vega SW

7. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

this is all great information!

I really want the 98+ S-10 60/40 seats, and the dash/door pannels/interior out of the ~ 95 Full Size Blazers. I realize there would be some work to get the extra length in the dash, but it would be cool!

If I were to find a wrecked late K5 Blazer, could I also move the suspension to my 75? I'd love to have that push button 4wd, 4 wheel disc brakes, and the newer automatic. I know it would be a PITA, but I think it would be cool to get all the newer guages and buttons working in that old blazer.

I already have a 383 TPI that I am building up, so I wouldn't really need the engine out of it. Anyone with any pics, websites, or other info would be greatly apprecaited. Also any ideas where I could find a totaled 92+ K5 blazer near Missouri.

Thanks,
    Brian

8. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I have 96 ext cab buckets in my '82, they look great but fitting is not the best. I have the front brackets bolted in stock location, however these newer seats have different brackets on each seat. The driver side leans back too far and the passenger side is too far back.
    I need to know what kind of shop would be best to go to to have some brackets fabed that would fix the lean and the distance of the passenger seat, and add some safety. I am in OKC so if anyone knows a good shop I would appreciate it.