Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

92 or older Camaro, fuel pump replacement, how hard? help please

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sled_dog, Feb 15, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

got a friend that is looking at a camaro from a friend of his, just needs a fuel pump, said he'd give me a 327 he has if I do it for him, not sure if the pain in the ass of doing it is worth. What all is involved? Someone said something about dropping the axle out.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    got a friend that is looking at a camaro from a friend of his, just needs a fuel pump, said he'd give me a 327 he has if I do it for him, not sure if the pain in the ass of doing it is worth. What all is involved? Someone said something about dropping the axle out.

[/ QUOTE ] It can't be that hard of a job. Go for it, a 327 would be a nice little play toy in a rot-rod. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

327 needs a crank, want the heads for my buggy motor(compression), after that I was thinking maybe drop the 327 in a TPI Firebird with a 305, aka small chamber heads, lots of compression and TPI.

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

how well does your friend trust you? a lot of guys cut a hole in the floor of the hatch, but leave one of the cuts straight enough to build a hinge on and make it so you screw it down and it seals up.. its either cut the floor or drop the axle..

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Sled,
    go to thirdgen.org and there are posts there that will walk you through the process.

John

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how well does your friend trust you? a lot of guys cut a hole in the floor of the hatch, but leave one of the cuts straight enough to build a hinge on and make it so you screw it down and it seals up.. its either cut the floor or drop the axle..

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

And i thought my secret was safe!!!
    You gotta take the panhard bar off, But i think that was it?? unless it has a cutom 3" exaust. I know my 84 T/A had a 3" exuast on it. I had to take the whole thing off to drop the tank.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

They are a pain in the ass, i had a 89 Iroc, had it lifted in the rear with a friends forklift at his work, had to drop the rear of the exhaust because the muffler is right under the tank, also had to drop the pan hard rod under there too so i could drop the rear axle alittle further as to get the exhaust to drop more, then it was a real pain to get the filler neck out dut to it's configuration. Once it was removed changing the pump was easy, just trying to get that damn filler neck back up in the stock location was a pain again, once it was in place, everything else was just reassembly. It was by not an easy task, but is doable, just make sure the car is lifted about 3 feet in the air in the rear, i had mine lifted so high in the rear, the front spoiler was starting to squish into the ground. Yes it was "FUN" /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif