Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

92 Yukon motor upgrades

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by STV, Jan 28, 2003.

1. STV

STV Registered Member

Looking for information on upgrades for this motor. Want to keep TBI but is there aftermarket intakes?
    Is Vortecs heads a good idea? If so, can I still use the stock intake?
    Good Cam Choice?

Is a 383 an upgrade? Anyone running a 383 TBi motor? Details?

Just looking for a little more power since I am spending the money to re-do the motor anyway.

Just rebuilt the 700R4. The Yukon has a 6-1/2" Dick Cepek Lift with 35" Swampers. Currently running 3:73 but they will be upgrades to 4:56's in the spring.

Thanks for your help.

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

I can give you a few answers, there are aftermarket intakes available for the TBI, I know Edelbrock makes one, I don't know if it adds a lot, but it is available. The vortec heads have some design differences which require an intake and some other vortec specific parts, you can't just swap in the heads. As for the 383, I've heard other people talk about much the same idea but haven't heard anyone who is actually using one, I'd like to know as well, I think it would make for a nice replacement engine in my '95.

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

There was a 88 Z71 truck in one of the 4wd mags like a year ago that a shop owner got totaled out and spent like 3 years redoing the truck. It had a 6in susp lift and 36's and a 383 stoker in it and it had Z71anyroad on the side . 383 is a badass motor id love to have one and yes it is an upgrade 350. You can make your 350 into a 383 if thats what you wanted to know Summit had a kit to do it last year idk if they still do. As for the Edelbrock stuff they sell a total power package that brings the truck up to the Vortech level if not better than it. And Holley makes a 144 powercharger(superchager) for 88-95 trucks and it adds like 100 horsepower. You cant really go to a big cam i think anything over like 218* to 220* duration will mess up the com and cause problems. Im not sure if the 88-95 are roller factory cams or not iv heard they are before but im not sure if that was true. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net Have you Killed any Pop Up's lately?

4. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status