Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

93 3/4 Suburban Did it have an electric fan Stock?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Corey 78K5, May 15, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My sister has a 93 3/4 ton Sub with a 454 Auto and towing package. She says it will over heat going to the store (5 mi.) She said that her husband replaced the thermastat and it still over heats She also said that it has an electric fan that is not working. Did the come with electric fans on top of the engine drivin fan. I told her to tell her husband to to trace the wires coming off the fan and the shold lead to a thermastat of some sort. All the thermastats for an electric fan I have ever seen were screwed into the radiator or were atatched to it some how. She live's in a diffrent state than I do So I cant look for myself.

2. Joey D

Joey D Registered Member

The 3/4 ton with the 454 did have an auxilary fan in front of the rad from the factory. It still had the clutch fan as well.

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Replace the clutch on the mechanical fan. Its probably the original and is wore out. Have her get a HD Delco one, not a cheap one from checker or anything.

Dan

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I'd agree with desert dueler, it's a quick-cheep "check".

The electric fan is for the A.C. system.

5. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

I replaced SubYumanII's with a Derale twin fan electric. I have yet to get it hot even pulling a 3 ton sailboat thru grapevine. With that much fan though, a good hi amp (180 amp+) alternator is a good idea