Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

93 blazer, wipers come on intermittnetly

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89Burben, Sep 12, 2006.

1. 89Burben

89Burben Registered Member

got a 93 chevy blazer and they come on intermittently come on at any speed sometimes fast and somtimes slow. They sometimes dont come on for 10 minutes but still is fairly annoying. any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Ahhh, good ol' ghost wipers.......:rotfl:

If you're like most guys, you've got a pinched wire/wires in the harness that goes down your steering column. I did the repair so long ago I can'r even remember the specifics, but I do recall it requiring a spendy harness and a partial dismantle of the column.

3. 89Burben

89Burben Registered Member

ahh great well its not even my truck its my sisters boyfriends.........any other ideas

4. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Same issue in my 82 K5. is it the same problem?

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the wipers on the 88+ trucks are VERY different than the older ones. the problem with the '93 is the wiper module 99% of the time. its behind the black plastic plate that is on your wiper motor. what normally happens is that the seal goes bad on the plate, and water gets into the circuit board and shorts it out. then they do all kinds of funny things.

6. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

i get intermittent wipers on my 82 also, funny thing is they wont come on until i get close to the trail and then they start coming on about every 5-10 minutes, sometimes they'll come on right after someone says something like they are agreeing with what was said :)

7. kwissman

kwissman 1/2 ton status

Call the chevy parts house and they will likely have the part number memorized for the control board in the wiper motor that is causing this. Same thing happened to my 92 truck, but only when the wife was driving. I thought she was crazy for a while until it happened to me.