Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

93 Ford Probe seats mounted in 81 K5 ...Lumbar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ccox7, Dec 16, 2002.

1. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

Just finished mounting 93 Ford Probe buckets seats in 81 K5 ,the drivers side is electric with lumbar and bolster which is controlled by small electric air pump.Had to make some brackets to get correct height but used the original bolt holes.Flat bar and square tubing worked wonders.The passenger seat is not electric and i was able to modify the existing flip up seat mounting for access to rear seat.The best thing about these seats is they recline all the way back and the back also tilts forward for access to rear seat area. Will try to post pics soon. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Cant wait to see the pics. Iwas thinking about Honda Civic si
    seats.

3. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

I will try to have pics soon, I was also looking at Honda and also Mirage seats but when i seen the 93 Probe with Black Cloth and Grey insets , I knew they were the ones.I still have to figure out the electrical connectors for power seat on drivers side.The good thing about the Probe seats is they are pretty much flat on the bottom and the slight tilt in seat bottom is already there.So really all you have to do is mount them level as you can and at the height you want.I went to Home Depot and bought some flatbar and square tubing.For the Drivers side I Cut the flatbar into 4 inch pieces and the square tubing into 4 inch pieces.I was able to weld a nut into the top of square tubing lined it up in the cab, marked and welded it together.The front of drivers seat I had to use angle iron ( from an old bedframe....good steel actually ) small 2 inch piece welded to square tubing and then fitted up in cab , then welded.The passenger seat I was able to use the original mounts for the seat to flip up.I cut appox 4 inch off the front brackets then welded them to seat frame with angle iron. The rear mount with the latch I used as it as it came from the factory, One thing I did do wrong is I missed the alignment for the latch to catch and once its welded , well not much you can do but grind the weld and weld it back in.Either you can drill knew holes in cab floor and bolt down or remove the latch assy and use a 5/16 x 6 " clothes line hook from Home Depot and hook it to the floor mount then drill hole in seat mount , screw it down with the rubber pads which should be in place and you get no rattles etc. and you can always go back and change it later if needed.Good luck with finding some seats, they are out there just be patient and check the wrecking yards for the color you want.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I put seats from a 92 Integra in my truck. Very comfy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

[​IMG]

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

GEO METRO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

6. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

91 Carrolla GTS

7. SprinklerGuy

SprinklerGuy Registered Member

<font color="blue"> I have been looking for a new seat, preferably 40/40/20 or something like that for my 87 burban. I thought I would have to buy from seatworks or something. BIG BUCKS! I never really thought to put other seats it the thing. I am not THAT handy, buy it might be fun. That bench seat from the burban is very uncomfortable....my wife won't ride in it unless absolutely necessary. Any tips? For new seats, not the wife!</font color>

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I've seen late model bench seats in Trucks before, it shouldn't be that hard to put one in a Burb.

I should have mentioned that if anyone is interested in my bucket setup, I would be interested in trading the whole bolt in deal for a later model bench seat. </font color>

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yup, i got a 97 metro. thats the only thing i like about the car, is the seats. so i am going to find soem at a yard and use them.
    they can be made for 5 point harnes as well.
    Grant

10. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I put seats from a 93 turd rustang very cumfy and there power seats almost directy bolted up to blazer seat brackets too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. BiggerRigger

BiggerRigger Registered Member

I have a set of seats out of a dodge daytona both front and rear seats. The seats bolted right up with a piece of 1" flat bar steel with two holes drilled and they have full recline and tilt forward. The back seat is now a 50/50 split with the factory release bolted up and it weighs about 100lbs less than the factory setup.
    If you want pics let me know
    Aaron