Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

93 sub 3/4 ton with 305/70/16

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by agrezy1, Apr 3, 2003.

1. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

put a set of 305/70/16 on 93 burb act. size appears to be 32.5 tall 10.5 wide rubs in front when hitting dip on top of fender truck is stock height anybody ever mess with adj. torsion bars need just a little bit of clearance cant afford a lift at this time anyone have any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. bigred350

bigred350 Registered Member

get a sawzal and trim them fenders

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I just lowered my bars, the original owner had them all the way up and wheels were coming off the ground when I went over big bumps. The problem is when you crank them up the tires pull themselves in. I say turn them up maybe a 1/4" on the threads; this may help out!?

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

What is the width of your rims sometimes that will make a difference as well if they will rub or not.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

even if they are stock width with 10.5" tires I would think it would be fine. And I have a feeling he won't want to trim fenders on a nice newer style vehicle, especially just to clear 32s.

6. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

well thanks for the suggestions this is not my truck its a freinds and i could not call my friend a dumbass in front of him i told him the tires were to big but he didnt listen so i think ill front him the money to get a 2" body lift either that or his wife will strangle him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2" body lift will do the ticket, show a lot of frame but hey tahts how the newer Chevy's are.

8. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

whats so wrong with a little frame showing? just get the bumpers up to match the body lines /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think frame is just ugly but hey to each his own