Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

94 60/40 bench seat in an 84?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Just wondering a good clean way to mount a 60/40 split bench out of a 94 into an 84. I know plenty of people have done it, just looking for a non rigged way of doing it. Thanks!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I had an 84 and a 60/40 from a 90 I was going to put in it. I think 2 out of all the bolt holes lined up. Mark and drill the rest, weld a captive nut on the underside of the body or just bolt them in. Reinforce the spots with large flat sheetmetal washers and good sized washers and you are good to go. WHen I did it the seat JUST fit. It just touched each door panel. I thought it was a great fit really.

3. Cornfield creations

it's a standard cab pickup, sorry for any confusion. Is that what you were referring to?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nope I was refering to a K5... Floor in an 84 pickup kicks up, would put your head into the roof if you use the bench out of a newer style truck. No idea how in the heck you will do that. Have to remove the factory "legs" from the seats.

5. Cornfield creations

I wonder if you could switch the legs from the 84 seat to a 94. Figure out a way to mount it up to the seat.