Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'94 Blazer getting a little warm.

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jul 15, 2003.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

\'94 Blazer getting a little warm.

I just bought this Blazer and while I was out and about last night, I noticed that the temp would get up around 240-250 degrees. That's when I was sitting at a light or sitting in park. It's night and day, not always occuring. I had the AC on too. Another thing, it didn't always get warm at a full stop in gear. I think it might be the clutch fan or low fluid level. I haven't had the chance to check the anti-freeze, but anyone who might have suggestions would help. It's not the end of the world, I just want to make sure I get it fixed. One more thing, occasionally I can smell warm coolant inside. There isn't any steam coming out of the engine either. I don't know?! haha

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: \'94 Blazer getting a little warm.

Might be your heater core. A friend of mine had a similar problem with his Ranger. I told him to check the heater core and sure enough, it was leaking and causing the truck to overheat.

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

The heater core huh? That's up by the fire wall and a bitch to replace from what I have heard. That was coming from the mechanically changed though. I guess I'll have to check that out then. Thanks

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

i had that in my 91 k5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. it would get hot when i would drive on the freeway at high speeds when it was in the 90+ /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. what i did what flush they system, new cap, new thermostat. that did not change any thing /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but after that the i found that radiator had a hole in it one day before i had to drive from KC to wichita for my Wedding /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif!! after that it ran cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

hope it helps!

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif