Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'94 Blazer rear spring ?????'s

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by blzr4x4ngkid2, Sep 7, 2003.

1. blzr4x4ngkid2

blzr4x4ngkid2 Registered Member

\'94 Blazer rear spring ?????\'s

I am about to start my latest project. I want to do a solid axle swap on my '94 Blazer. The questions start here. I went to ORU's(Off-Road Unlim) website and noticed under the FAQ that the rear springs for these trucks only go up to 5.5" MAX! I'm thinking of at least running 38's on this rig. Aren't the rear springs the same size/length as the ones on older K5's, like my '88? I'm new to the world of IFS and post '91 Blazers. The way I see this truck going together was a simple 7-8" of lift and cut-out fender flares to give me that meaner look. I wanted to do it all spring and no body, but I might just have to do a body lift. Any suggestions here boyz? ha I'm stuck in a rut without a winch, help!

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: \'94 Blazer rear spring ?????\'s

Your blazer has the shorter springs like the older trucks. The IFS trucks run a 63" spring which you can only get up to a 5.5" lift in unless you go custom. Remember, the brackets net 2-3" of lift so if you want 7-8 you only need a 4-5" spring. I run 39.50's with cut-out flares and 7" of total lift.

3. blzr4x4ngkid2

Awesome, that's what I was looking to do to my Blazer. So what combo did you do to get the 7" lift? Springs and body lift?

4. willyswanter

SFA Brackets add 3" then I used a 4" spring.

5. blzr4x4ngkid2

Ok, in the long run, would it just be cheaper to do the SFA or just lift the IFS? I thought about it and thought about it......I could do a 4" IFS lift with a 3" body and fender flares, but I don't want to tear up the IFS running 38's. That's where I am stuck. If I just do the SFA, then I know I won't have trouble running 38's. I just want to run 38's on the truck. Any ideas?

6. willyswanter

1/2 ton IFS will die with 38's if you wheel it... If you drive on the street all day trying to get some chick to go out with you cause of your big truck then yeah it will work ok. But if you want to beat on it then you need to go with the sfa swap. Oh yeah, body lifts are the devil!

7. blzr4x4ngkid2

What year of Ford/Dodge can I get the axle from? There is a '79 3/4-ton Dodge 4x4 in the paper looking to part out or sell whole. I think I might try to get a hold of the front axle if it will work. Also, what did you do to get the 7" of lift in the rear? I don't like blocks, never have, never will. I think a 7" lift would work just fine for me. One more thing, will a 14FF rear-end bolt right up like it does in my older K5 or will I have to move the perches?? Thanks again! I also like your site too, that's pretty cool!