Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

94 C1500 Gauges problem

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by The Beav, May 28, 2002.

1. The Beav

The Beav Registered Member

My 94 C1500 Suburban's gauges all read off. The temp never gets above 120, the voltage reads about 13 (about 9 when alternator is unplugged), gas gauge reads just below half when actually close to empty. Any thoughts? TIA.

2. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Mine too .. the one I notice most is the temp guage which starts dropping until a gentle tap on the dash brings it back up to where it ought to be

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Do the gauges always read these readings? My gas gauge is quirky too, its pretty common in Chevys...my voltmeter also reads about 13 all the time. I've also heard that a lot of times the circuit boards in the 88-94 trucks crack sometimes and hitting the dash fixes the mfor a while...may need to take the dash paprt to investigate

4. The Beav

The Beav Registered Member

Thanks guys. The gauges act "normal" in that they do vary like expected, but just read off. So I know they aren't stuck. The one that concerns me most is the gas gauge. I burnt out the fuel pump cause I ran it out of gas.