Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

94 Chevy Fullsize blazer radio

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rotorjockey, Mar 18, 2005.

1. rotorjockey

rotorjockey Registered Member

Does anyone know the (dim) size of the stock radio for the Full size Blazer/pickup line 1994 and earlier? Also, are there any options for filling that hole with something other than a cd rack? Perhaps a GPS unit or something like that that may fit?

2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

the radio will be single "din" and likely will need a mounting kit from best buy or other electronics/stereo shop to install anything aftermarket. Check out ebay for the original equipment stereo if you want to be original... otherwise, Pioneer makes damn nice decks. In an older Blazer with the shaft radio, you'll have to cut the steel around the housing to fit the mounting hardware. I'm going to be doing a project soon that will include my mp3 deck or dvd deck, 3 screens, 2 in ech seat and on on the roof, and some badass speakers... it's going to take about a month of cutting and fitting since none of the doors or panels have speaker holes... but I'll take play by play pictures through the whole project... should be good info...

3. rotorjockey

rotorjockey Registered Member

Thanks for the input. The radio your talking about, is it the one where the equalizer/tape deck was, or the square radio above the A/C control panel? The square one is the one that I took out.

4. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

An aftermarket single din radio replaces the stock eq/tape deck with an install kit that is color matched. You can fab a mount for something else in the upper square location or go with the aftermarket pocket which everything falls out of. You must also disconnect the wiring harness from the underdash amp to plug into an aftermarket wiring harness and an antenna adapter which will convert the GM mini plug to standard. The antenna is also plugged into the tuner in the amp box which is located under the dash on the passenger side of the steering column. Good luck. This info is for 88-94 trucks and 92-94 blazers.